The Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids is a leading force in the fight to reduce tobacco use and its deadly toll in the United States and around the world. Our Annual Reports summarize our progress and tell our supporters how their contributions are helping us succeed.
How You Can Help
Join Our Fight
Sign up for updates and opportunities to take action in the fight against tobacco.
Help us protect children from tobacco addiction and save lives.
Tobacco by the Numbers
480,000: Annual tobacco-related deaths in U.S.
- $170 billion: Annual tobacco-related health care costs in U.S.
- 5.6 million: U.S. kids under 18 alive today who will ultimately die from smoking (unless smoking rates decline)
- Six million: Annual tobacco-related deaths worldwide
- 600,000: Annual deaths worldwide caused by secondhand smoke
- One billion: Worldwide deaths from tobacco this century unless urgent action is taken