A Billion Lives at Stake
New resources for the global fight against tobacco
Posted by: Editor | Feb 13, 2012
We're pleased to announce that we have redesigned the international edition of the Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids website. We’ve added resources, updated our look and improved access to tools and information to support the global fight against tobacco use, the world's leading cause of preventable death.
At Global.TobaccoFreeKids.org you will find:
- A new home page with direct access to fact sheets and updates on the latest news around the world
- Comprehensive resources organized by country and issue
- Case studies and other materials documenting how the tobacco industry targets low and middle-income countries and fights tobacco control policies
- Fact sheets, reports and news translated into six languages
- Quick access to a new site, TobaccoControlLaws.org, containing information on tobacco control laws, legislation and litigation around the world
- Clear links that will allow visitors to move easily between the U.S. and international editions of our website.
Tobacco use killed 100 million people in the 20th century. Without urgent action, tobacco will kill one billion people in the 21st.
The Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids works to reduce tobacco use and its deadly toll in the United States and around the world. Internationally, we support governments and non-governmental organizations in promoting and implementing proven strategies to reduce tobacco use. We are a partner in the Bloomberg Initiative to Reduce Tobacco Use, which focuses on low and middle-income countries, where more than 80 percent of tobacco-related deaths will occur in the coming decades.
Visit the new international edition of our website.