Ways to Give

Donate Stock

You can transfer stock shares that you have owned for one year or more to the Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids. The Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids accepts them and uses these assets to support our anti-tobacco work. This can give you an immediate income tax deduction for the fair market value of the securities on the date of transfer, regardless of what you paid for the securities. Thus, you may be able to avoid paying any capital gains taxes on those investments.

Two ways to make your stock gift:

  1. Electronic Transfer — Your broker can electronically transfer your securities to the Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids. Because this request must be made in writing, please complete this Electronic Transfer Authorization form (PDF).

  2. Stock Certificates — If you have physical securities, please send them by registered mail with return receipt requested to:

    Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids
    Attn: Development Department
    1400 Eye Sreet, Suite 1200
    Washington, DC 20005

    If they are registered in your name, you will need to provide an Irrevocable Stock/Bond Power Form which you can get from your broker.

For more information or to notify us that you are making a gift, please call (202) 296-5469 or send an email to developmentinfo@tobaccofreekids.org.